Hours of observation: 7:30 am-12:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm Monday – Friday except University Holidays and closure dates, no appointment necessary. Check-in at the front desk.
Location: 175 E 7th Ave, Columbus 43201 (614-247-7488)
Check-In: Required at the front desk
Parking: Available on the streets of 7th, Summit, and 4th. You are NOT permitted to park in Parent Drop Off spaces.
At the front desk, on the computer which displays “Guest Sign in/Sign out” observers/guests must Check In:
Age groups they are observing: Infant-Toddlers and/or Preschool
A name badge will print out for students to display on their shirt while observing.
Upon leaving, students must Check Out:
While you observe please DO:
- Sit or Stand quietly
- Use posted information for your reference
- Make use of the head phones provided, adjusting the volume from the microphone
- Limit any talking, talking only when necessary and use a quiet voice
- Occupy the gallery/observation spaces only when you are actively observing- follow the children to the playground or gross motor space if they leave the classroom
- If the children go outside, you are welcome to exit the building via the lobby, and continue your observation by being close-by to the group. At no time are you permitted to be downstairs beyond the front desk lobby.
- Lobby areas and the library are available for reading or other work not directly related to observation.
Please DO NOT:
- Eat, drink, use cell phones (you will be asked to turn off your cell phone and keep it put away) or other distracting electronic devices (you may use laptops to take notes)
- Take photos or videos of any kind
- Talk, except in a quiet voice and only when necessary.
- Behave in any way that is disruptive or distracting
- Point, wave, etc. at children.
- While at times you may be amused, please refrain from laughing at the children.
Even though space and windows separate observers from the classrooms, observers’ sounds and movement may be problematic for the children and teachers working in the classrooms.