The A. Sophie Rogers School for Early Learning offers an immersive child care learning environment for children ages six weeks to five years old. Our teachers provide an effective, research-based curriculum that focuses on language and literacy development, building essential social skills and love of learning and discovery. The school integrates research, practice and policy to enhance the developmental skills and school readiness of our students. We also partner with the College of Education and Human Ecology and Crane Center for Early Childhood Research and Policy to provide a training ground for undergraduate students in the field of early education. We offer quality child care for Ohio State families, the Weinland Park neighborhood and surrounding Columbus area.
- Offers early childhood education and quality child care to children ages six weeks to five years
- Operates Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 51 weeks a year
- Enhances the developmental skills (including social, emotional, health and wellness) and school readiness of infants, toddlers, and preschoolers
- Staffs four infant/toddler classrooms and three preschool classrooms with highly-qualified teachers
- Provides a teacher-child classroom ratio of 1:5 for infants and toddlers and 1:10 for preschoolers
- Offers Ohio State faculty a setting to engage in research
- Serves as a training ground for undergraduate students across the university and clinical field experiences for graduate and medical students