The Crane Center for Early Childhood Research and Policy’s Spring Distinguished Speaker Series event is Thursday, (3/8) at The Ohio Union Cartoon Room (3rd floor) from 2:30-4:00 p.m. with reception to follow. Now through Monday, (2/19), we invite poster submissions on topics related to enhancing the well-being of young children. We encourage students to consider this year’s event theme, Factors that Promote or Impede Early Brain and Child Development, when crafting their poster.
Date: Thursday, Mar. 8, 2:30 – 4 p.m. with reception to follow
Venue: The Ohio Union Cartoon Room, 1739 N. High St, Columbus, OH
Theme: Factors that Promote or Impede Early Brain and Child Development
Speaker: Pat Levitt, PhD, Simms/Mann Chair in Developmental Neurogenetics, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles; WM Keck Provost Professor in Neurogenetics, Keck School of Medicine of USC; Director, USC Neuroscience Graduate Program; Senior Fellow, Center on the Developing Child, Harvard University
Our annual Spring Distinguished Speaker Series brings a world-renowned researcher to the Ohio State community to examine issues related to children’s well-being. Sharing your poster provides an opportunity for presenting late-breaking results, on-going research projects, and speculative or innovative work in progress. Posters enable authors and attendees to connect in meaningful discussions.
- Use either the Gray or Scarlet Poster template located on the CCEC Staff Resources Page.
- Make sure your poster is 48 wide x 36 high when setting-up the design/slide.
- Create your poster using the template and submit to Melanie Tracy (email@example.com) no later than Monday, Feb. 19.
- You will be notified of your submission approval the week of Feb. 19.
- CCEC will cover logistics and cost of printing/displaying your poster at the event.
- Poster Session: Mar. 8 from 2:30-3:00 p.m. in the Ohio Union Cartoon Room 3rd floor lobby area. Please arrive no later than 1:45 p.m. to set-up your poster.